V70R auto trans questions

If anyone here has a V70R with the Geartonic (auto) trans, can you please answer a couple questions about how it shifts? (Assuming sport mode, if present)

  1. In manual mode, how long does it take to complete the shift after you push the lever? (Ideally, I'd like it to finish the shift before I can release the lever.)

  1. When it does shift, does it do so crisply, with a definite kick in the back, or does or drag it out by slipping the clutches for smoothness sake?

Yes, the manual would be sportier, but I commute 60 miles a day in Atlanta, and the traffic gets worse every year.

Doug Warner

My XC70 Geartronic shifts very quickly.

The shifts are smooth unless one is shifting something like down into

2nd at 40 mph, then you get a big kick. It is still an auto, so most shifts are smooth but quick. It does lock up; it doesn't slip.
Reply to
Stephen Henning