Value & desirabiliy '99 V70 T5m - sticker3.jpg (0/1)

Have started the process to order a V70R (manual) --- and had the dealer tell me that my car wouldn't bring much due to the 5spd transmission.

Need a consensus on value and 'desirability' of my car:

I ordered it in the '99 model year ---

V70 T5 5spd Dark green (think it was called blue/green) Tan leather Aluminum trim inside (faux carbon fiber) rear spoiler

85,400 miles With 100k Volvo warranty ($100 deductible)

Window sticker attached

Thanks

Matbo

Reply to
<mattbo

And what would you expect the dealer to tell you?

Harold

Reply to
grtdane63

Find another dealer.

Reply to
Rick

We bought both of our 850's used with automatics, following an extensive (but fruitless) search for used 850s with standard. Now that we have had them for a couple of years, we wish we had held out and searched longer.

Either there are a lot fewer standards out there, or people just don't resell them.

In any case, your dealer just trying to low-ball you. It's plenty desirable.

-----

-RL

Reply to
Robert Lutwak

Depends on who you're selling it to, if I were in the market for a newer car, those with the much harder to find manual gearboxes are the only ones I'd consider and would be worth a premium. Buy a car for yourself, not the next guy. Get what you like.

Reply to
James Sweet

You'll never get what the car is worth at a dealer. Also, your dealer knows that 5 speeds are much sought after, and he'll make money on it. He's having you on, walk away.

RS

Reply to
Rusty

I suggest:

or one of the other Volvo groups--you will do Much better then the dealer

Reply to
Steve n Holly