Very Bad AM Radio Reception

My new S60 get great FM radio reception but extremely bad AM reception. I am a talk radio fan and listen to lots of AM stations. Any ideas besides going back to dealer?

Thanks

Reply to
Ed Hayes

If the problem is noise, the usual reason is a bad connection to the body at the antenna. But doing anything about it really is the dealer's headache.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

It is possible that you have an aerial integral with the window glass. If so you may find a break in the AM loop. This can be mended with a template and conductive paint.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

This may or may not apply to your model. You did not mention the year or any specs. All 2003-2004 AWD models only. The rear electronic differential can cause AM static. A ground strap from the DEM to frame will correct the AM static. Any Volvo dealer should know about this and can correct a static problem. The above will not help poor reception.

BD

Big Dick