Volvo 2000 Cross country turn off service light

Hi

Please help

2000 Volvo XC directions on how to turn off service engine light.

Thanks

Ray

Reply to
Lau&Ray

Turn the ignition to the "I" position (accessory) hold down the trip meter reset button, and while holding it down turn the key to position "II" (don't start), and continue to hold the reset button down until the service light begins to flash.

Reply to
Mike F

Would that work for a 1998 V70 XC? My service light has been on for a year, since I avoid taking it to the dealer as much as possible and my mechanic can't turn it off.

Update: I tried, and it didn't work...oh well.

Reply to
Robert

Nope, those instructions only work from 1999. 1996-1998 require a special electronic tool.

Reply to
Mike F