volvo 240 air mass meter

Back a few months ago we had the engine warning light come on and the diagnostics was showing error code 1-2-1 which is a fault in the signal of the air mass meter. We replaced the air mass meter and the code was gone. Now it is warning us again with the same fault code 1-2-1

I really don't think we are going to be that unlucky to have two faulty air mass meters, so I am wondering what else can go wrong with the air mass meter system that can give that code?

Reply to
Beck

Perhaps there is a less than tight and clean connection between the wiring harness and the AMM.

Reply to
zencraps

I think we have sorted it actually now. Cleared the codes via the console and its gone. Last time we didnt clear the codes and it seemed to go, but obviously we did not do it properly. Thanks for your reply anyway :-)

Reply to
Beck

Is the preheat tube thermostat in the airbox stuck open? That'll kill an air mass meter quickly, for that reason I usually rip out the useless preheat hose any time I work on a 240.

Reply to
James Sweet