Volvo 240 shift problem

I have a 1991 Volvo 240 sedan with 120K miles which I get serviced on a regular basis.

My problem is that lately I have been noticing that the car is running at a very high rpm's the first drive of the day (typically when I get over 50 mph). However, when I shut the car off and start it again in a few minutes it runs fine over 50 mph (it kicks into normal gear/OD). Last year I had the gear shift belt replaced, and at the last service, the technician said everything was ok. Any insights one could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Mark

Reply to
mark talluto

Gear shift belt?

I'm assuming this is an automatic, I would check to see if the kickdown cable is binding.

Reply to
James Sweet