volvo 240 Using a speedy sleeve to repair a crank shaft seal area?

Hi My volvo 240 is still leaking oil. I have already two times changed the front seal at the crank shaft. I read on the internet that installing a "speedy sleeve" might be interesting. Is it possible to do this job without taking the crankshaft out of the engine?

Thanks in advance

Volvo 240 1993 b230f

Reply to
Tintti

Is the flame trap and breather box clean? Usually if the crankcase vent system is ok and the seal is replace, it won't leak.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'd not heard of the speedy sleeve before: makes sense.

Google says it may be available: check NAPA.

If it's available, should be an easy install, without engine removal: looks like it slips over the end and is affixed with epoxy or the like.

Smart idea.

As for your situation, did you make certain that when replacing the seal, the seal does NOT contact and run in the wear groove?

You need to set it a bit deeper, or a bit shallower, to avoid this.

Reply to
Mr. V

Thanks.

----- > Is the flame trap and breather box clean? Usually if the crankcase vent