Volvo 440 Alarm

I have a 400 1.9TDI. The alternator recently failed and since I have replaced it and charged the battery the alarm light continuous blinks when driving. How can I switch this off? I understand it indicates that the alarm has been activated.

Reply to
Rob

How does that alarm light look and is it placed in the instrument housing?

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again. I found in my 940 sometimes the alarm doesn't boot correctly if you connect the battery shakely.

It might think its in learn mode or something.

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

The light is located in the centre console. The manual tells me that if it is flashing all the time then the alarm has been triggered. This happened when I had the break down and had to open the car with the key.

I have disconnected the battery a few times since but to no avail.

Rob.

Niels Bengaard wrote:

Reply to
Rob

I thought you said it happened after the alternator was replaced? Or do you mean you triggered the alarm once by opening the door when the alarm was armed. Did the horn start sounding?

So can you not disarm the alarm with the keyfob?

Does it not trigger the horn and disable the engine?

ie does the alarm arm/disarm normally?

My 940 alarm LED blinks when it is disarmed but the sensors are activated, such as open doors. Maybe the bonnet switch wire was cut or pulled off when the alternator was replaced.

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

does it blink 1, 2 or 4 times a second?

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

I think it blinks about 4 times a second.

Rob.

Reply to
Rob

4 times a second means some sort of system error.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard