Volvo 480 ES cylinder head swap

I bought a 1988 Volvo 480 ES yesterday. The previous owner tested, for how long does the original timing belt work. Well, the answer is 173000 km (108000 miles). The Volvo dealership estimated, that removing and fitting the cylinder head costs about 500 euros. So, I bought a used renault engine for 30 euros. I am going to put the renault head on Volvo engine. Any idea, if is it going to work? What kind of timing belt should I use? I have a Swedish market Volvo, fuel injection, no turbo, no catalysator. I am aware that the compression ratio may change. Is the original head worth of repairing?

Thanks for your attention, Antero M. Finland

Reply to
Antero M