Volvo 740 Idle Speed

Hi All

I need to raise my idle speed on my B230E volvo. Can you give me some ideas of where to go poking

Many Thanks!

D.

Reply to
""damian"

Assuming you have a clean airfilter, no leaking injector seals, and fuel and ignition systems are otherwise OK, there is an idle speed adjuster.

It may vary, depending upon the year/fuel system you have. On my '87 with K-Jet injection, there is a thumbwheel sticking out of the throttle body, under the inlet manifold, seen here:

Stewart Hargrav

Thanks!

I've seen that, didnt know if it was "that easy" or not.

Stewart Hargrave wrote:

Reply to
""damian"

Stewart

These injector seals, how often should they be replaced and is it a easy job? I've had the car for 3 years and cant say ive ever touched them and the car is a 89.

Thanks!

Stewart Hargrave wrote:

Reply to
""damian"

It's easy enough to do. Undo the single bolt that holds each injector in place and lift the injector out. The seals are simple O-rings that slide onto the injector body before reinserting it into the head. Old ones will have hardened, split, or crumbled away. You can test for their effectiveness by trickling a little water over the injectors while the engine is running. It the seals leak, the water will be drawn in and affect the engine speed.

If you replace them, clean out the injector hole as well as the groove on the injector body. In my experience, replacing the seals is never

100% effective, so I apply a little silicone sealant around them as well.
Reply to
Stewart Hargrav

Thanks Stewart!

I th> Because there's more to the internet than hits alone, "@(none)" > wrote: >