Volvo 850: coolant level with expension tank.

Hello,

I noticed that the coolant level in the expension tank when the engine is warn can reach sometimes almost the top of the tank. It remains only very little air space. Is this normal?

Thanks,

pejip

Reply to
pejip

Hi Pierre,

My 850 coolant level varies about 20mm above and below the centre line of the tank, depending on "how it feels". I never have to add any. But I often wonder why it varies, or where it goes to and comes from. I keep the nominal level at half way which I think is where the line is.

Regards Barry

Reply to
Baz

Thanks Barry.

When the engine is cold, the level is at the max (centre line of the tank). When the engine is warn I can reach almost the cap, and I did not notice this previously.

Perhaps this is normal!!!!

Thanks

Reply to
pejip