volvo 850 electric aerial

who's a clever boy then? Broken the electric aerial mast on my uk 850 (Reversed under some branches) Any ideas where i can get a replacement mast, how much for and what's it like to fit? Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy Bolton

Fairly easy to fit- yoou'll need an assistant though. ECP or G&S didnt used to do them, but worth checking again. I bought my last one from the dealer- around £35.

Remove the nut on aerial mast on the body, and the washer, then carefully prise up the "jam sleeve"- there is a small collar which you can tease up with a small screwdriver.

Power on the radio with an assistant, at the same time grab the mast (or whats left of it) as it comes up and keep pulling as the mast comes free followed by the white plastic drive rod, which will snap into a curl when it comes free. Note the orientation relative to the car of the teeth.

The new one is a reverse of removal. Feed the plastic rod down into the hole until it wont go no more, then use the assistant to turn off the radio. With abit of a twiddle the motor should grab the rod and pull it down. Feed the mast down and into position, followed by the sleeve, washer and top nut.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.