Volvo 850 Idle problem

Hello,

I have a Volvo 850 GLT with 180 000 miles.

I have the following problem.

When starting the engine for the first time (cold), the idle is okay. After a short drive, the idle start decreasing until it stalls. When I start the engine again and it is warn, there is no more idle problem.

However I notice when the engine is warn and I accelerate a lot around

5500 rpm, then the idle increases a little bit around 1100 rpm.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Pejip

Reply to
pejip

Check induction hoses for splits and leaks - and while you're at it, check your air filter.

Check the IACV, and clean if required.

Clean the throttle body.

After that, you could consider the fuel pump relay. And then all the rest of the ignition - leads (including coil), dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs.

At the outside, could possibly be an issue with the TPS (throttle position sensor) or CPS (Cam Position Sensor), or the coolant temperature sensor.

Reply to
Douglas Hall