Volvo 850 TDI, EFI 132 and 712 error codes

I am struggling with the following problem for a couple of weeks now. When engine is cold the temperature meter shows hot engine when ignition is put on and the engine fan is also activated. Starting the engine the problem persist but after approx. 2 minutes of driving the temperature meter shows that engine is cold and from now on the meter shows that the engine become warm normally. The error codes stored in the ECU is EFI 132 - engine coolant sensor signal missing and EFI 712 - fuel sensor signal missing. I have changed the coolant temperature sensor but that did not solve the problem. I can clear the codes and they do not return when engine is hot. The EFI error's come again when the engine is cold when the starte ris activated. I guess that there is on open circuit from the coolant and fuel sensor to the ECU input port when the engine is cold - but how can this happen and where should I search for the open circuit?

Cheers Per

Reply to
Per Groth Ludvigsen

edasduke

Edgeconnector, Pin A35, which is the Ground Pin to the coolant and fuel sensor's 5 Volt supply. It was corroded/broken 2 millimeter above the soldering. Fixed it making a new soldering and now everything works fine.

Cheers Per

Reply to
Per Groth Ludvigsen