VOLVO 940 PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

Hi I have a Volvo 940 (1991 turbo model)

It starts first time every time but today it seems to have lost a lot of power. The turbo kicks in but seem to stutter (best way I can explain it)

It will only go upo about 75mph whereas it used to do over 100 with no probs.

Is the turbo broken or is there something else wrong with the car?

Reply to
RPGCRAZY

Does the boost guage go up normally? If so then the turbo is fine.

I've seen several things cause this problem, fuel pressure regulator, air mass meter, split in one of the air pipes or couplers between the turbo compressor, intercooler, and throttle body. Clogged catalytic converter can cause it too. Do you get black smoke out the exhaust when you accelerate heavily?

Reply to
James Sweet
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Thanks for the reply and the help. When I accelerate there is no black smoke.

"James Sweet" wrote: > RPGCRAZY wrote: > > Hi I have a Volvo 940 (1991 turbo model) > > > > It starts first time every time but today it seems to have > lost a lot > > of power. The turbo kicks in but seem to stutter (best way I > can > > explain it) > > > > It will only go upo about 75mph whereas it used to do over > 100 with no > > probs. > > > > Is the turbo broken or is there something else wrong with > the car? > > > > > Does the boost guage go up normally? If so then the turbo is > fine. > > I've seen several things cause this problem, fuel pressure > regulator, > air mass meter, split in one of the air pipes or couplers > between the > turbo compressor, intercooler, and throttle body. Clogged > catalytic > converter can cause it too. Do you get black smoke out the > exhaust when > you accelerate heavily?

Reply to
RPGCRAZY