Volvo 960 Radio Code

Just purchased a 1996 Volvo 960 and am having a problem with inputiing the code. The set simply shows "OFF" with the back light of the dispaly on when I hit the:"power" button. and when I press the power button again it goes black and the "anti theft" led indicator flashes intermitently.

I have been able to obtain a useable code form a code generator but how do I go about unlocking the unit in its present state?

Reply to
coi

If you punch in ther wrong code three times in a row the unit switches to "OFF". If you leave it in the on position for a couple hours with the key in Pos I or II then the radio should reset to showing "C0dE" in the display. If all else fails you can get the code from a dealer based on the serial number of the unit.

Bob

Reply to
User