Volvo 960 wheels stuck on

Hi all;

One of the first things I was taught when I was a snot apprentice years ago was that different metals do not like each other.

What does Volvo do - (I guess others too) is put these fancy mag wheel on the forged steel wheel carrying assemblies. Yup - the Mag corrodes and it took a long piece of scaffolding to prize off the wide mag wheel. No way in hell would I have got that off on the road side.

Will now go round the rest cleaning and greasing the centre location colars.

Regards Ian

Reply to
ipellew

That's typical of all mag wheels on all cars, never seen them corroded on. And I think the volvo's are anodised? Al & steel aren't as disimilar as some combinations, makes me wonder if something else is going on?

Reply to
jg

More likely that the car has been sitting idle for a long time or tha tthe wheel ahs not been removed for a long time.

BTW- if you remove the lug nuts and drive the car, the wheels come right off! ;-)

snipped-for-privacy@pipemedia.co.uk wrote:

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.