volvo corp customer service: what a joke

if you are on the microsoft pocket pc newsgroup they have employees trolling to help. i have never seen a volvo corp person here. when you call them they promise the world but never deliver. they suck.

Reply to
theCLAW

same in Sweden - volvo service sucks. "theCLAW" skrev i meddelandet news:jcTRa.60937$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

Reply to
JohanE

My dealings with Volvo Canada customer service indicates that they simply want to do as little as possible to make you go away and quit bothering them. They seem to feel that their sales increases are going to come from new people buying new products (e.g. the XC90) and don't seem to be willing to try to keep older, long term customers.

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
theCLAW

Oh, there are plenty of examples of poor Ford service. Check out how they handled (or rather didn't) the problems with the V8 SHO.

- alex

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

Yes they do. Volvo dealers and corporate both SUCK when it comes to customer service. I sued the local dealer. Worked like a charm!

Reply to
L.A.

I feel I have to register a dissent here, at least in the case of my 1994

850 turbo wagon I purchased used (not from the dealer) with 9 months left on the factory warranty. The Volvo dealer here in San Rafael, California, took care of me and worked with me to get everything fixed within the warranty period (the previous owner hadn't paid much attention) and with recurring problems they continued to do warranty work after the warranty period until they were fixed. With one particularly stubborn problem with the climate control the service rep took the car home more than once so he could experience the problem after a cold start.
Reply to
Mick Ruthven

I guess some MBA has done a cost-benefit analysis contrasting making existing customers happy with doing the legal minimum. Obviously they think it's cheaper to get new ones than to try to satisfy existing unhappy ones. And if you look there are plenty of this type of story about every manufacturer, so they plan on getting as many annoyed ex-customers from others as they lose. What a great business!

Reply to
Mike F

Well yeah. As Mike pointed out, you've found one of the good dealers. My experience with their parts guys (both on the Volvo and Toyota side) has been wonderful.

- alex

'85 244 Turbo '84 245 Turbo

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

P.S. It doesn't hurt my opinion of them that they have at least one service tech who knows his 240s.

- alex

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

Which dealer was that Mike? I use Volvo of Durham and they have been great so far. Even got a free rental car when I used my extended warranty. And no $100 deductible for what they fixed.

Jordan S70 loaded!

Reply to
Jordan B

This was Volvo Villa, Yonge and Steeles, back up by the "helpful" folks at Volvo Canada, who also like to hide behind their voicemail.

Reply to
Mike F

If you find a good dealer you should treasure them. Here in the UK a lot seem to be interested in Fleet sales as Fleet managers pay the bills and that's the end of it, whereas private buyers expect personal service of a high level... some dealers also seem to have a very limited knowledge of older Volvos but that may just reflect on the younger salespeople/managerswho haven't been around a good few years. Quite a few of the good, smaller dealers lost their franchises when Ford took over, but word gets around about who cares...and the private buyers go there.

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

The ONE good dealer?

Reply to