Volvo cuts off after driving it for about 30 minutes

:( I just purchased a Volvo S80 I paid cash from a guy. I am having problems with it cutting off while I am driving it. Can anyone give me and idea of what the problem is, so I will have a heads up on the Dealership so they want be charging me extra money?

Reply to
maa1

"maa1" wrote: > :( > I just purchased a Volvo S80 I paid cash from a guy. I am > having problems with it cutting off while I am driving it. > Can anyone give me and idea of what the problem is, so I will > have a heads up on the Dealership so they want be charging me > extra money?

I will guess it is the fuel pump relay. Easy to try for US$50. Cannot test it for failure since problem occurs once it warms up (intermittent). Mechanic should check other possible causes first. Fuel pump relay caused intermittent stalling in our 1993 850 --- Dealer did not solve this, I did my own research on the web.

Reply to
Roo

Try to open it and solder it! It worked for me.

Reply to
Jan-Erik