Volvo Dealership Service

Is there a web site that independantly evaluates Volvo Dealers (and independants for that matter) service performance? Thanks ...Jack

Reply to
Jack Adams

According to a recent poster snipped-for-privacy@aol.com or snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net from the thread that began with "Volvo ownership and maintenence" third reply from first given by A Stephen Henning who wrote that his dealer gives away perks and posts all service costs. May be due to fact that he buys a lot or has bought a lot of cars from them? Maybe your close by and can verify it for yourself? Maybe get in on the action too, but please let is know if you in fact persue this dealer and especially things go your way. In the garage repair business anyone who truly gets such good deals is rare.

Dan H PS not original poster of the thread in question

Reply to
dan

It is Allentown Volvo-Mazda in Allentown, PA.

Before I went to them, I took in a 245 that had a problem that my pervious dealer could not fix. He kept throwing money at it, but never fixed it. The service writers would tell the mechanic to do something, but never tell them the problem that was to be solved and hence, they changed stuff but never fixed the problem.

I went to the Sales Manager at Allentown Volvo-Mazda and told him that if his service department could solve the problem, I would buy my next Volvo from him. We, he did and I did. I have now bought 3 Volvos from them.

By the way, the problem was that the 245 would start up just fine first thing in the morning, but when I would go to pull out of the driveway, the car would always stall. It would restart just fine and run OK the rest of the day. But it would go through this routine every morning. I don't remember the fix. The first dealer just started replacing all of the ignition components and wires one by one. It was getting ridiculous.

The new dealer says what is going to be done and how much it will cost. They usually wash the car and have discount coupons, etc. They get their new cars at a discount because they do well on service satisfaction surveys. If they keep their service customers happy, they make more money. Isn't that the way it should be!

Reply to
S. M. Henning

Yes I couldn't agree more even if I tried. Well done, I'm a little perplexed that they would mix up Mazda with Volvo? Anybody hae a take on this??

Dan PS that's an excellent plug for Allentown Dealer, does any>

Harrington

Yes I couldn't agree more even if I tried. Well done, I'm a little perplexed that they would mix up Mazda with Volvo? Anybody hae a take on this??

Dan PS that's an excellent plug for Allentown Dealer, does any>

Harrington

Yes I couldn't agree more even if I tried. Well done, I'm a little perplexed that they would mix up Mazda with Volvo? Anybody hae a take on this??

Dan PS that's an excellent plug for Allentown Dealer, does any>

Harrington

They are both Fords. Actually this dealer has had this combination a long time.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

Yes I couldn't agree more even if I tried. Well done, I'm a little perplexed that they would mix up Mazda with Volvo? Anybody hae a take on this??

Dan PS that's an excellent plug for Allentown Dealer, does any>

Harrington

How redundant.

| > > According to a recent poster snipped-for-privacy@aol.com or snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net | > > from the thread that began with "Volvo ownership and maintenance" third | > > reply from first given by A Stephen Henning who wrote that his dealer | > > gives away perks and posts all service costs. May be due to fact that he | > > buys a lot or has bought a lot of cars from them? Maybe your close by | > > and can verify it for yourself? Maybe get in on the action too, but | > > please let is know if you in fact pursue this dealer and especially | > > things go your way. In the garage repair business anyone who truly gets | > > such good deals is rare. | >

| > It is Allentown Volvo-Mazda in Allentown, PA. | >

| > Before I went to them, I took in a 245 that had a problem that my | > pervious dealer could not fix. He kept throwing money at it, but never | > fixed it. The service writers would tell the mechanic to do something, | > but never tell them the problem that was to be solved and hence, they | > changed stuff but never fixed the problem. | >

| > I went to the Sales Manager at Allentown Volvo-Mazda and told him that | > if his service department could solve the problem, I would buy my next | > Volvo from him. We, he did and I did. I have now bought 3 Volvos from | > them. | >

| > By the way, the problem was that the 245 would start up just fine first | > thing in the morning, but when I would go to pull out of the driveway, | > the car would always stall. It would restart just fine and run OK the | > rest of the day. But it would go through this routine every morning. I | > don't remember the fix. The first dealer just started replacing all of | > the ignition components and wires one by one. It was getting ridiculous. | >

| > The new dealer says what is going to be done and how much it will cost. | > They usually wash the car and have discount coupons, etc. They get | > their new cars at a discount because they do well on service | > satisfaction surveys. If they keep their service customers happy, they | > make more money. Isn't that the way it should be! | >

| > -- | > Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net | > Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA |

| | |

Reply to
Larry Horse

My humblest apologies Horse boy, I must have clicker that studders when depressing it. Can you get the owner to remove the extra replies? I know it must be killing you.

LOL

Reply to
Daniel