Volvo Hybrid

Has anyone heard any rumors/announcements of plans for a Volvo gas/electric hybrid in the near future? Thanks.

Reply to
pixel_a_ted

It's my understanding that they actually built an 850 hybrid, and then ditched the project. They are supposedly working on several things, including an electric S60, but I wouldn't hold my breath - buy the Camry hybrid next year.

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

They simply MUST have such a vehicle under development. Volvo makes fine diesel engines for their European markets; a diesel hybrid will offer wonderful economy. Honda with the Accord hybrid showed the path to superiour performance with no cost in terms of fuel economy compaired to a gas engine, I believe Lexus is going the same way with the yet to be introduced LS460, so perhaps a gas engine hybrid would enable the 5 cyl engine to approach the power of the V8 while delivering good mileage.

**HINT HINT Volvo/Ford**:

The S40/C30/V50 would seem to be the ideal place to put a performance enhancing hybrid package

Reply to
Steve