Volvo locking wheel nuts..

Hi

I went to get my tyres changed on my 1998 s40 at the weekend. The greasy little monkeys decided to undo the locking bolt with the pnuematic gun (not sure of name) which ripped the key part out of the socket.. They didn't seem to think it was their fault..

Has anyone here had the same thing happen to them and got a key(socket) replacement from volvo? cost?

I've got a friend (mechanic) who says they can remove them if volvo can't help. So does anyone know if a v40 locking nut set will be a straight swop for my s40 set?

Regards,

Richard (UK)

Reply to
Char

You have to order the replacement key directly from the manufacture who made the locking key Yes Volvo dealers have a master key set which will allow them to remove them Yes the V40 & S40 share the same wheel studs

Reply to
Glenn Klein