Volvo Rear Foglight Bulb 2001XC

The left rear bulb that does double duty as a tail light and the rear fog light has burned out. The bright fog light filament still works but the tail light filament is cooked. The number on the bulb is 1122. There isn't an auto parts store in town that stocks this bulb and the nearest dealer is 40 miles away. Is there another bulb number that will work as the tail light bulb? Thanks.

Adam

Reply to
ADingwall

Your owners manual lists all of the replacement bulbs.

Try: Brand: Osram/Sylvania    Part Number: Y4000-115761 Application: 12v - 21/4w Brake lamp, Tail lamp Fits: 2001-2002 Volvo XC70 AWD 2.4L Turbo

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Your owners manual lists all of the replacement bulbs.

Actually, the 2001 V70 owners manual does not list any information for this bulb save for the 12V-21/4W designation and the socket number. There is not a US bulb number listed, only a blank space occupied by a dash. That's the problem trying to find a bulb here in my town where information on foreign cars is minimal at best.

Adam

Reply to
ADingwall

Assuming it's the same as my father's 2001 V70, the bulb I used was Osram 7225. It's like an 1157, but the pins are not directly opposite each other. You could probably use an 1157 with one of the pins removed, until you can find the correct bulb. Note also that some of your other bulbs are like this too - it might be a good idea to get some spares for them at the same time.

Reply to
Mike F

Could always get the replacement bulb here as well;

opposite

directly.

Reply to
bdower1183

Their website doesn't list any V70 Taillight Bulbs, only lamp assemblies.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I'm sure any dealer will be glad to ship you the part.

Reply to
Tangy