Volvo S60R, BMW 330xi, or Legacy?

Hi,

I currently own a Lexus LS430. I like most(not all) things about the car, but it doesn't have certain attributes that I want on my next car.

What I want on my next car are:

  1. A sedan. I don't want an SUV. A coupe would be ok.
  2. Manual transmission.
3 All Wheel Drive. 4.Fast.

The three cars I've identified that have all of these are the BMW

330xi, Volvo S60R, and Subaru Legacy.

The Legacy isn't fast, but I've included it anyway. The Subary WRX is a possibility, but I don't like the large spoilers.

Are there any other cars that would fit my criteria? Does anyone have any actual experience driving these cars that they could share?

Helmar Herman

Reply to
Helmar Herman

"Helmar Herman"

How about the Audi S4? That's a strong competitor in this narrow range.

But then again, it's not a Volvo! ;o)

Reply to
Vestman

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Volvo is never as reliable as Lexus, and they especially don't do first year models very well, so I'd give the S60R a pass for now.

Reply to
Mike F

Hi, Herman - - -

The '04 Subaru Legacy should not be discounted. At least here in the States, their flat-6 is available and, for the new year's models, a turbo four is supposed to be available.

This past year (or two?), the six has been available in the "Outback" model only - I believe. But there is a sedan version of this somewhat overpriced vehicle. I have to agree with Mike F that a wait is a good idea on the S60 and the 330ix is about $US10K more than the Subaru, so your needs become somewhat simpler to resolve.

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble