Volvo S80 T6 rear view mirror (internal)

I have a Volvo 1998 S80 T6 which is New Zealand new and a month ago the rear view mirror got what looked like bubbles behind the glass which turned the mirror into two shades. top light and bottem darker. Well it failed its Warrent of Fitness and I was told by the Volvo garage it would cost me $1700 which is not to be taken lightly. After having my say they called me to say they had found a second hand unit and they would fit it for me as soon as it arrived. Well that was today and it it all workes except the central locking. It appears the unit is coded to the little gadget you stick in your pocket with your keys so we now are no better off. I have given in and told them to order a new unit from Australia but cannot believe this outcome.

Does anyone know anything about these units can they be recoded???

Like to hear from you

Jimbo

Reply to
Hogwash

demiurge

The antenna for the remotes is in the interior mirror. So it's either not hooked up, or that part is wrong.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks I'll quiz my Volvo agent on this it may just save time and money.

Reply to
Hogwash