Volvo SRS manual and wiring problems

I will be asking the dealership working on my 1991 740 Turbo to check wiring and contacts before I pay $1500 to have the the SRS control unit replaced as recommended. To that end, has anyone noted in Volvo's SRS manual (part number TP31404/1) if checking wiring contacts and grounding should be part of a dealership's troubleshooting routine? Thanks in advance, Jim.

Reply to
Jim

Don't know if it's of any relevance, but when we bought our '92 960 a year ago, I asked about the SRS sticker that says "...Replace by January 2002". What I was told was that, when the car was built, there was insufficient data to predict a safe life span beyond ten years. But that experience had shown that replacement after ten years was unnecessary and I should check back in, say, aother five years' time. Sounds like there may be no need to replace it.

Robert Smith

Reply to
Robert Smith