Volvo V40 - electrical fault (no radio or interior lights)

HI,

I was installing a power amp today running from the +/- feed to the radio and by mistage wired positive to ground and vice versa (the amp smoked, naturally).

Having disconnceted the amp, I now find myself without any interior lighting or LCD display on the dash. The central locking works

With the ignition key in posiiton 1, nothing happens on the dash (no lights) and no radio. Everything else remains the same.

In position 2 I get Dash light, LCD display. All the normal lights go off except the imobiliser light.

The car starts, all exterior lights work, wipers, blower, electric windows.

I've just checked an interior lamp and it has not blown, but there is no current to it (checked on multi-meter). I've checked all the interior fuses, all are okay and the obvious ones in the engine bay seem okay. I assume a relay has blown, any ideas which one?

As you can gues I'm very hacked off with myself, therefore any help in resolving the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
Mark Ferns

Is exterier fuse no 5 ok ? It sounds like thats broken. If that seems ok, then check if its + or - thats missing from the radio.

You can try following the current and see where it dissapers.

  • from the battery goes through fuse no 1 in the engine bay, then through fuse no 5 in the engine bay and in the red cable to the radio.
  • only with ignition comes from interior fuse 9 through the yellow red cable

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

Hi,

We suffered about the same problem after installing a cellular carkit. It was one of the fuses under the hood.

Good luck.

EP

Reply to
Ernst-Paul van Etten