Volvo V70 25d 2001 Back door problem.....

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

MaRcOs

snipped-for-privacy@skynet.be (MaRcOs) wrote in news:v54me.19742$Th4.11046 @fe71.usenetserver.com:

My back doors will not open anymore.Not from inside and not from outside. Only the two front doors will open. Can tell my what the problem is?

TIA Marc

Reply to
psv

Probably the child safety locks are turned on is the reason that the doors will not open from the inside. You have to open the door to turn the child safety switch on or off. Look in the owners manual for the location of the manual switch. It is not very common that both rear doors will not open from the outside at the same time. There is a rod on each latch that connects to the outside door handle. This rod may have come dis-connected from the handle. Lowering the window might gain some access to be able to trip or pull something on the latch that will permit the door to open. It is not very easy to remove the inside door panel with the door closed.

If you do get the door open you still need to check out what went wrong.

The door lock part may have failed and the latch is in the locked position. Do the rear door lock knobs go up and down? If they do not, open the 5th door. In the left rear coner area is a side panel. Remove panel. you will see fuses and relays. Remove fuse number1 in the upper back corner for about 10 seconds and replace. Now see if the door locks work. If this made the door locks work, the REM or Rear Electric Module went to sleep. This woke it up. This will also work for a non opening gas door. There is a Volvo reload to keep the REM from going to sleep.

Let us know,

BD

Big Dick

Kytis wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.tiscali.de:

Thanks for the Reply's. I think it is not the same problem you had. Everything else workt well. I think that BD was right,the REM or Rear Electric Module went to sleep.I pulled out the fuse for 15 seconds.Put it back and everything works fine now. Thank you. Greetings

Reply to
nomail