Volvo V70 radio code

Is there a quicker way to input the unlock code into a V70 radio than having to wait two hours with the ignition on? I thought I knew the code but obviously didn't and now according to the manual I have to wait for another two hours with the radio switched on, is the two hours cumulative or do I have to do it all in one sitting?

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

I believe it has to be continuous, and there is no quicker way.

Reply to
L David Matheny

Arse. I thought you'd say that. Oh well that makes for an exciting two hours sitting in the car listening to the radio ... oh no wait can't even do that.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

Assuming the car is in a safe place, I'm sure the radio wouldn't notice if you went for a coffee break or watched a ball game or whatever. If you have a second key, you could lock it up with that.

Reply to
L David Matheny

Spent a couple of hours reading a magazine in the car yesterday so all is now sorted thanks.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty