volvo xc 70 2000 A/C

Just had the evap core replaced. It's too cool outside to know how well it is working. It was blowing 42 degrees on recirc with abouit 65 degrees ambient temp.

But, once on my test drive, I warmed up the inside of the car then switched to full A/C recirc and as the temp at the vent began to fall steadily it got to about 46 degrees and then it started to climb...up to about 68 degrees and stayde there. I tried it again, warm up, recirc and it went down to 42 and stayed there.

Mechanic says computer climate control may be interfering because ambient temp is so cool, has seen that happen on cadillacs.

Anyone know it Volvos do that? Any idea on why the A/C would work well sometimes (most times) and then not so well. Then shutting it off and restarting the procedure and it works well?

Thanks,

Norman

Dont know if you have that system on your model but on the 850 model it has been written n here that the fault can be an overheating switch on the compressor or to wide a gap on the magneto clutch on the compressor that can shut off the system. It will then work again when the compressor is colder.

Greetings Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard