Wanted - 98 V70XC Cargo Area Shade (Black)

One thing I miss having in my otherwise nicely appointed 98 Cross Country is a cargo area cover shade to hide the usual floatsam and jetsam that accumulates back there.

Any recommendations on picking one up either used or aftermarket, or do I need to bite the bullet and order one from Volvo? Surprised that such a nicely finished car would not have been fitted with one as orignal equipment.

Chris Bowne Stonington, CT

98 V70XC 115K
Reply to
Chris Bowne

My '01XC has one of the retracting cargo area covers. Before that we used a space blanket to cover the cargo area. On trips it was handy to set things on that need to dry while we were driving. It also keeps things underneath cool and out of sight.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

but for the 98XC, you got all of the other spiffy goodies like the fabric cargo dog guard and the bumper cover to protect the bumper from muddy boots after a hard day of surging through the muddy parking lots? not to mention that exquisite 2inch black stripe ala subaru on the tail gate [which is not present on my 98XC ... came that way from the factory]

i ordered mine with my car which meant it came with the new car and not parts department warranty. That was good because after lots usage the fabric started separating from the pull handle and it was replaced under warranty. i had to get help to r&r because i had never taken it out of the car.

Stephen Henn>"Chris Bowne" wrote:

Reply to
klh