Washer reservoir removal

1988 704 GLE.

I have a leak on the plastic washer reservoir tank, what is the best way to remove and replace it.

Les.

Reply to
no

Its an estate so has front and rear wash in the same res.

Reply to
no

If it's like mine, you need to remove the air cleaner box. Remove the metal pipe and the plastic pipes from the box, release the rubber fasteners ansd simply lift it out. This reveals the water reservoir. The filler pipe lifts up and out through the body work. Unclip the water pump connectors and remove the water pipes. Undo the securing clips to the reservoir and lift it out.

Knowing Volvos your's will be totally different!

Mines a 1989 740 GL, estate, 4 cylinder, non turbo.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Depends which side of the c\r it is fitted. Some have it under the battery on the left (drivers) side some have it on the right side beneath the air filter. Wherever it is means removal of the air filter box or the battery to get at it. When access is made it should slide off it's mounting plate.

Cheers, Peter.

: > I have a leak on the plastic washer reservoir tank, what is the best way : to : > remove and replace it. : >

: >

: >

: >

: > Les. : >