Water on drivers side floorboard

2001 Volvo S80

I have water buildup on the floorboard of the drivers side. It does not have a particular smell to it, oil or antifreeze, and seems to occur when I use the heater.

I can not see water running down the firewall or sides of the floorboard, but in the rear, under the break, the water seems to collect more.

Any ideas where to look or what this could be? Tim

Reply to
Tool

The most obvious thing to do is unblock the drain for the air conditioner. There is a drain that lets the condensate and other water in the heating/cooling system escape. It can get blocked with road debris. It needs to be routinely cleared.

You might thing you are not using the AC, but any time you have the defroster on, the AC is on. Also, rain water and snow that gets into the air intakes gets vented out this same drain.

Reply to
Stephen Henning