water pump for 740 1990 Australia

Is there a source for seals for a water pump Mine was leaking but I suspect the seals were not put in properly in the first place as the pump seemed good on the shaft where as the seal looked like chewing gum .I have replaced the pump just in case but it's a shame to throw out a good pump.

Reply to
Jon Robertson

You can see the drive shaft seal? From memory of doing about 5 of these waterpumps on b23/b230 type redblocks, I thought the seal was on the pumps drive shaft, between the impeller and a bearing on the shafts impeller end, the external 'tell tale' hole is midway along the shaft, the drive pulley about 2 cms away from the seal, with another bearing between it and the seal. I can't imagine being able to see the seal???

Do you mean the gasket that goes between the pump and the engine block? Or,the vaguely 'o' ring shaped thing that goes between the pump and the cylinder head?

ttfn, Ken Phillips

Reply to
Ken Phillips

Reply to