Weatherstripping for 740

I just searched the posts and could not find a source that sells weather stripping. My 1987 740 GLE has the chrome stripping around the front and back glass with the black vinyl/rubber stripping that has dried and broken off. Can I replace only the black rubber or must I do both?

Either way, where can I find the stuff?

Thanks, jamie

Reply to
jamiebabineaux

It's dealer only, and the chrome and rubber are one piece. Brace yourself, it's expensive. Here in Ottawa, Canada, I had to buy the strip along the bottom of the windshield. I was 125$ lighter when I pulled away from the dealer.

RS

Reply to
Rusty

Many thanks. I was thinking about removing the chrome strips, then removing the rubber from the chrome strips and then buying new rubber and re-glue that to the chrome. I don't need the chrome - only the rubber. If it works I'll document it, photo it and share it. :-)

Reply to
jamiebabineaux