Wet Seatbelts

So it rained for 6 straight days here in the Northeast...and on the seventh day I finally go for a drive - and I notice that the portion of the seatbelts that were rolled-up inside the the columns (both driver and passenger) and soaking wet. This is a c70 coupe - is this common to Volvos? Should I expect wet seatbelts after every najor storm?

Thanks,

Rob

Reply to
Robert Polk

Mine has those weak, old style luggage racks screwed throught the roof. Rain would fill up the roof lining and sloshed to the front, drenching everyone in the front seats when the car braked. I plugged the screw heads with silicon and it's dry now.

Reply to
jg

Definitly not, something is wrong! I'm not familiar enough with the C70 to know for sure, but the first thing I'd check are the sunroof drain lines, they commonly clog on any car with a sunroof and cause water to get in places you don't want it.

Reply to
James Sweet