Whats the best modern day Volvo estate?

Hi all;

I guess the the V90 is no longer made, so whats the best, say two old, Volvo esate?

I suppose its going to be one of the V70 models!!

Regards Ian

Reply to
ian

I am very happy with my 1998 V70. After 200K it still has the original battery and full exhaust system. No work needed on engine or trans. yet, just usual brakes, front end and water pump wear out. On the negative side parts cost an arm and a leg of course.

Reply to
Inno

Yep. V70 or XC70 if you want a bit more ruggedness.

Reply to
Sam Smith

i drove a 06 v70r, for an hour the other day...that is a nice, snappy wagon...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

What does the 'r' stand for?

Reply to
Sam Smith

"racing"

Reply to
FleebleSquorm

"r" = performance (volvo's state of the art...for that year)

"r" = extra $$

"r" = snap your head back accelleration.....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Your only choice now is the V70 or the much smaller V50. Of the two, the V70 is the superior vehicle. They depreciate rapidly, so buying a

2-3 year old one is a good idea. Insist on a full maint. history showing that everything has been done by the book or better.

John

Reply to
John Horner