wheels& tires for 850R wagon

I've been driving a '96 850R wagon since March, and I love it. It came with 17" sporty rims and Yokohama 205/45ZR/17 tires which are getting worn. The handling and speed of the vehicle are impressive, but I am well past being a teenager, and I want to swap wheels and tires for something more comfortable.

I am thinking of 16" rims and good all-purpose tires. We live in the San Francisco Bay area, so deep snow isn't really an issue. I drive on windy roads which are relatively well-maintained, but in the winter the roads get slippery and sometimes icy.

Any suggestions? Are there some decent online places to buy wheel/tire combos?

Many thanks, Butch

'66 122S wagon '82 245 (two of 'em)

Reply to
Butch