Where does all that Oil Money Go?

Do you ever wonder what all that oil money buys? Check out this link about Dubai.

2008, the Burj Dubai will be opening, making it the tallestbuilding in the world. I must admit, it's impressive!

Jim Gagnepain

oil_free_and_happy

Bill

Reply to
Bill

just a small part of the economy

The above referenced article states that 10% of Dubai's economy is still due to oil. And as you mentioned, without oil, the city would be nothing, and may not even exist.

Also, without oil, Volvos would not exist, except for maybe an electric version. Probably a little more than a "tenuous connection". Jim Gagnepain

oil_free_and_happy

just a small part of the economy

Any bets how long it will last after the USa (and NATO, etc) leave Iraq?

Just money - nothing else matters. POWER means nothing (on a permanent basis) in that part of this planet.

JMHO!

Ken Winnipeg, Canada

Reply to
Ken Pisichko
[ ... ]
[ ... ]

The 8' x 20' awning on the back of my house can be seen from a satellite in outer space.

Must not be much of a building, then.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston