Which fuel injection system do I have in my 940 turbo?

My Chilton manual does a good job of helping me determine my engine and transmission models but does nothing to help me determine my fuel injection system. I have a 1992 940 turbo and the manual gives me three possible injection systems. A jetronoc, a motronic and a Regina. I think I have a Jetronic but not sure. Does anyone know how to tell? Thanks.

Reply to
TomR

Uzytkownik "TomR" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Take a photo and put the link on the alt.autos.volvo. Most of user of 940 tell You in 100% witch injection have you got.

Reply to
sq1euo

On the jetronic system the engine has a cylinder shaped ignition coil and the Air Mass Meter on the intake hose between filter and throttle housing, has some electronic part built on the tube, where the connector ( 6 pole ) is connecteed. On Regina fitted engines the ignition coil is a box-like thing, and the MAP sensor has no external parts, only the connector ( 2 pole). I don't think the Motronic was ever fitted to the 940. Maybe your chilton manual deal with 960 as well.

Regards

Per Hauge

"TomR" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Per Hauge-Nielsen

On the jetronic system the engine has a cylinder shaped ignition coil and the Air Mass Meter on the intake hose between filter and throttle housing, has some electronic part built on the tube, where the connector ( 6 pole ) is connecteed. On Regina fitted engines the ignition coil is a box-like thing, and the Air intake temp sensor has no external parts, only the connector ( 2 pole). I don't think the Motronic was ever fitted to the 940. Maybe your chilton manual deal with 960 as well.

Regards

Per Hauge

"TomR" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Per Hauge-Nielsen

If it's Jettronic there will be an air mass meter between the airbox and turbo. The only 940 I've worked on has Regina but it isn't a turbo.

Reply to
James Sweet

I cant post a pic or link but the coil is cylinder shaped. The AMM is between the a/c and the turbo so I must have a Jetronic. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
TomR

Most likely LH 2.4.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes