Wife sold the 240

She sold it for just what we had in it for over 2 yrs of driving it. $300

We would not have thought to cash for clunkers it, its just been to reliable.

She got a much newer car at the same deal..(it just happens) She doesn't want to junk up the drive way so she found someone that could really use it.

If I just happen on one of a few 240's I've seen I won't pass on a good deal. The daughter will be driving in a few years.... tanks ,,uh I mean Volvo's are great cars....lol

thanks all for help and info hope to have reason to drop back.

Mario The guy that will be staring at your 240

Reply to
Kafertoys

Rated fuel economy is too high to qualify for that scam of a program anyway.

I don't even want to get started on that rant, three *billion* dollars of public money blown paying people to junk perfectly good cars, while excluding practically anything that could honestly be called a clunker. It's gonna be a long slow hangover for the auto industry now that they've crammed the next several years of sales into the last few months.

Reply to
James Sweet

They won't appear for sale elsewhere, the program mandates they be destroyed. Oil drained out, chemical poured in, engine run until it seizes, then it's off to the crusher. That's the part that irked me so much about it. Cars don't rust here, the ones turned in were mostly good daily driver trucks, SUVs, and luxury cars in the 5-10 year old range. IE the sort of cars those who buy used cars would otherwise be buying.

Reply to
James Sweet

That was my initial opinion as well, but up here in the Northeast at least, I've seen rusty old gas guzzlers replaced by new Hyundais, Civics, Corollas and Ford Focuses. Focii? Anyway, the program seems to have worked as advertised in the Rust belt. Now I'm waiting for those late model SUVs to appear for sale elsewhere...

Reply to
Leftie

Oh I know what the program mandated, but never underestimate the criminality of the American car business. ;-) I understand your concern, but up here we seem to have a good supply of used cars even after the program, so places where cars don't rust should have even more. I am genuinely surprised at how well it worked. I was expecting to see SUVs replacing SUVs, but they seem to mainly have replaced old V-8 vans and pickups, and with four and six cylinder SUVs at that.

Reply to
Leftie