Window Won't Come Back Up 2000 V70

My 2000 V70 (with AWD) has a driver's side window that won't come back up. At least it didn't for 2 days. It finally rose yesterday. It's not clear why it stopped and why it came back to life. The car is 6 years old with about

40,000 miles on it. It doesn't get driven all winter (we go to Florida and the car is up north) and when I got back last week it started doing this. Also, the electrical "dummy light" on the dashboard was intermittent. I disconnected the battery while we were away because in prior years it drained and died.
Reply to
D.D. Pallmer

I had exactly the same happen a few months ago. I was sat in the passengers seat and operated the electric window to raise as it was down a little. To my amazement the window just went down and stayed down. I took it to a Volvo dealer who reloaded the software £20 UK........ $ 35 and the car was OK and has been since. This is what Volvo told me, it could have been caused by power lines etc or a strong magnetic field caused by a such as a mobile phone mast telephone exchange.

Reply to
carol