Windshield washer nozzle replacement (how ?)

I have a 1987 740 Turbo wagon. My nozzles are clooged. The motor pumps washer fluid up to the tee fitting. I can't access the back of the nozzels. Do they come off from above the hood ? If so how ? Thanks to anyone that can help me on this. Bill New York City

Reply to
Bill D. Drummer

Twist about 60 degrees and slots in the hood match up with tabs on the nozzles. Suggest you leave the hose attached and us it to push the nozzles upward then remove the hose.

Good luck, Joe

Reply to
jdunville

I've found pulling the hose off and pushing the correct size socket up over the fitting on the washer jet pushes the tabs in at the same time and releases them. It's been a while so I don't remember which socket I used.

Generally on these cars the problem is the "T" fitting, not the jets though. Make sure fluid come out of the "T".

Reply to
Mike F

Agreed. The T-fitting does get clogged easily. I think it is because it is a backflow suppression valve, so there is always some fluid in the lines for ready delivery. The last time my T stopped working, I just replaced with a regular plastic T (not a valve). Now it takes

2 - 3 seconds for the fluid to delivered to the nozzles, but it hasn't been clogged in a long time.
Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

Thanks to everybody for your help. Looking for hub caps.....anybody have them ?

Reply to
Bill D. Drummer