Wiring Diagram 98 S70

Greetings

I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the wiring diagram for the 1998 S70 that they could either send me, or point me in the right direction to find?

Many thanks

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

I'm afraid it ain't as simple as that. Unlike the cars of yesteryear, it isn't possible to represent all the electrics for a modern car in a single diagram.

If you can get hold of a Haynes Service and Repair Manual for the 70-series in Australia, you'll find about 16 pages of wiring diagrams. The manual I have is No. 3573 - but that is aimed primarily at the British version of the car, and it might be different in Oz.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

You can by a boo from Volvo with the complete wiring, its around 100 pages. What part of the electrics are you interested in?

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

Reply to
Mechanic

The above link *may* help but, AIUI, there were a lot of electrical changes between the 850 and 70-series in addition to the cosmetic body changes.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

On 22/7/04 11:08 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, "Bonnet Lock" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

Good point.

I was hoping that by some point of luck there would be on some "hidden" site that I could access and and select the bits I am after while I wait for the manual to turn up.

I should have explained that I was curious to see where the wiring loom for the towing electrics comes in, and where I could get a feed (with extra fuses) to have a power outlet in the boot.

While on the S70, do you have a full size spare or the space saver in the boot? I'm looking at getting a steel rimmed 940/960 so that I continue on my merry way if one becomes damaged. My sister in law has the LPT S70 and has a factory alloy (16") in the boot, so I guess a 15 " will be of no problems. It measures up.

Cheers

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

On 22/7/04 11:11 PM, in article

40ffbd06$0$181$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk, "Niels Bengaard" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

I was having trouble connecting to the volvo site that I think you are referring to and have a manual on order, though it was mentioned it will be a while.

I'm putting ina tow-bar and would like to have a power outlet 12V in the boot.

Also, any idea to increase the headlights performance? I was keen to wire in some extra lights, and have aligned the lights, but would prefer a tad more "spread" on the road.

Cheers

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

On 23/7/04 5:04 AM, in article ScULc.30233$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com, "Mechanic" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

Many thanks

I found this one before, but wasn;t sure the difference between the wiring looms for he S70 and 850. It does have some good info though.

Many thanks

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

On 23/7/04 7:06 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, "Bonnet Lock" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

One I notice straight away was there is actually a switch in the seat belt to turn off the seat belt warning light. Ours turns off after 8 or so sec and doesn't appear to have any wiring going to the actual seat belt clip.

Some good info though.

Thanks

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

When I wired my V70 for towing, I used the Volvo kit (which I think is the same for S70 and 850s) which made life very easy because it has plugs/sockets which plug straight onto the wiring harness. You have tgo be bery careful how you connect some of the lights so as not to upset the bulb failure detection device. The kit does it by providing a "sandwich" which plugs into the harness next to the device.

On the V70 at any rate, there is a connector near the rear lights with a very hefty live wire in it which - by default - is only used to power the window-mounted radio arial. You can use this as a live feed for other things.

My V70 was supplied with a "space-saver" spare - but the spare wheel compartment can easily accommodate a full-size spare. I bought a second-hand rim from a breaker's yard (alloy to match the originals - but I would have settled for a steel one).

Not all variants use the same wheel size. Mine are 195/60x15. Some cars use

16" or even 17" wheels, usually with lower profile tyres - so the overall diameter is similar, but the width may be greater. Try one of your road wheels in the compartment and, if it fits, try to get another one the same. Be very careful if you buy a wheel intended for a rear wheel drive car - because the offset may be different.
Reply to
Bonnet Lock

If you want actuals and much more and do a lot of your own mtce., try this site and pay a nominal ($20?) annual fee. I use it regularly.

On 23/7/04 5:04 AM, in article

Reply to
Mechanic