XC60 - "Hump" on Exterior Roof (Rear)?

I have a couple of questions about the "hump" on the exterior roof at the rear of the XC60. Is this some sort of antenna? I read somewhere that the AM/FM antenna is integrated into the window glass- so what is this hump for? Will the hump interfere with the use of a car cover or require any clearance holes in the car cover?

Thanks...

Reply to
dklr

when I asked this about my V50 I was told it was for the satnav aerial. Must be dummy as I don't have satnav.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Thanks for your reply. I've noticed that some have the hump and others don't. Earlier today I saw a late model XC90 in a parking w/o the hump. I didn't look inside to see it had the Nav system. If I understand correctly, you're saying you have the hump on your V50 but don't have the Nav system. Sort of weird that they'd put a dummy hump on the car. Does your V50 have the Bluetooth/cell phone link option? If so, maybe the hump contains some sort of antenna for that.

Anyway thanks for your reply

Reply to
dklr

The antenna may be in place if they assumed the satnav would be installed as a dealer option?

Reply to
James Sweet

No toys at all - I've never seen a V50 without the hump.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson