XC70 vs Audi

Hi I'm going to be buying a new car in November. Have narrowed the field to the Allroad Audi 2.7 and the XC70. We owned a 98 XC with good luck. What are some opinions for this comparison.

Thanks,

Reply to
BobT

"BobT" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The Allroad from Audi is one non-renewed cars from Audi (S6 is new A4 is new, A8 is new) So the Allroad will either dissappear or will be replaced soon. In the german market buying one of the last old cars means loosing lots of money when reselling it.

Go for the VOLVO it was just face-lifted for the mj 05.

Jürgen

Reply to
Jürgen Schrader
1) Check with your insurance agent for the delta between the two cars for insurance. 2) Pick the one you like 3) Read consumers reports for the reliability stats 4) Pick the one you like 5) Run the numbers for lease deals for both 6) Pick the one you like 7) See what kind of purchase deals and assisted low rate financing is offered 8) Pick the one you like 9) Examine why you want a sport wagon and look at the Dodge Ram 10)Pick the one you like 11)Benz and BMW make cars in this class too 12)Pick the one you like 13)Who made you Mr. Big shot? Ever hear of a Passat which even offers a high MPG Diesel? 14)Pick the one you like 15)Let the kids pick 16)Pick the one you like 17)Try to get the salesman to throw in an afternoon with an astonishingly perfect "model" 18)Pick the one you like 19)Consider the environmental advantages of the Lexus RX 400H Hybrid powered SUV, in the same class as the Volvo and the Audi, yet somehow in it's own class of technical innovation. Available early 2005. 20)Pick the one you like

Reply to
Steve n Holly

Bob, a good way to decide is to look back to '98 when you bought the XC70 (then the V70XC, of course).

When I was looking at that time, I considered the Audi A6 and decided on the Volvo (in addition to being a Volvo fancier) because of carrying capacity. The Audi's lines are nice, but the degree of tumble-home, taken together with the inwards taper toward the stern of the vehicle, significantly limits carrying capacity. With such capacity very much a consideration at that time, there was really very little to push Audi. There's also the fact that here in Reno (elevation 4,500' to 5,000') a turbo works very well, indeed. Good mileage when you don't need to push hard. I assume that Audi is still fitting the bi-turbo engine to the AllRoad, but when our old V70XC can cruise over Donner Summit (7,300') with power to spare . . .

Good luck in the choosing.

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble

Add to that, the Audi, at least around here is quite a bit more money to get on the road.

And no one drives them (could be a good thing, if you like to be different, but makes you wonder why no one is buying such a nice looking car... I've seen ONE... at a doctors office, go figure... at least it's not an Escalade or something)

Reply to
Rob Guenther

A good car, but not in the league of either the Volvo or the Audi for comfort, ergonomics or general refinement

I have a Passat TDi 130 estate, and it is a better load carrier than my V70. It's very fast and returns mid 40's mpg even cruising at

90mph. But the Volvo is a nicer drive and feels much the more expensive car. Which it is...
Reply to
Tim Hobbs