xc70 windshield wiper

I recently replaced the windshield wiper blades on my 2004 XC70 for the first time. When I removed the old wipers, I noticed that the drivers side wiper had an air scoop that the repacement Bosch wiper did not have. I assume that it is there to keep the wiper in contact with the glass at high speeds. Can anyone tell me what problems I will experience without this air scoop. If it is a problem, where can I get a replacement blade like the original? How much should I expect to pay? Thanks.

Reply to
Mike

On the 960 the scoop is mounted to the arm and not the blade assembly so changing the blades not affect this.

If the old blade gholders were OK and it was just the rubber that needed replacing you might be able to disassemble and remove the rubber from the new blade an install it in teh old one... That's what I have done with some cars.

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.