’00 jetta VR6 stuck in park?

I have a ?00 Jetta (automatic) and when I turn on the car and try to put it in reverse I can?t pull the handle back into the "reverse" position. If press the button and the brake repeatedly at some point it releases but gets stuck again the next time i get into the car. If anyone knows whats going on please let me know. thanks

Reply to
fickle333

**It could be a faulty brake light sensor. I think there's a recall on them.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

brake light switch. Check to see if the lights work when you can't get it out of P!

Reply to
Woodchuck