'00 Passat 1.8T - Rough Idle

My wife asked me to drive her car today to investige a rough idle. The car has 20k on it and the A/C was off.

In Park - No Rough Idle In Idle - No Rough Idle In Drive - Rough Idle when stopped - The idle oscillates very regularly - about a second high, then a second low and so on.

Any thoughts. Going in for 20K service.

Thanks Chip Long Rock Hill, SC

Reply to
Chip L

Nah Chip, thinking for OP makes my brain hurt. I'll join you and just wait to see if anyone else responds.

Reply to
Peter Parker

My wife's '00 Jetta 1.8T was doing the same thing at around 27k miles. Did a spark plug change and it stopped. If you do the plugs yourself, make sure you use the plugs designed for the motor (expensive-around $7.00 ea). Don't ask how I found that out ;) Other things developed later such as intermittent stalling/missing at highway speeds. Dealer found a bad MAF sensor and some valve in the turbo system bad. Runs much better now. Good luck!

Reply to
el lobo