'00 Passat brake sensor in rain

Since I got my '00 Passat Wagon 1.8T 5spd, the "check brake pads", along with the (O) warning light, were on. No biggie, the brakes do seem a little faded so I was planning on ordering a set of Mintex MDB1741 and have my mechanic install them. But a strange thing happened today. I started my grocery shopping, which had maybe 5 stops, at around 2:30 PM. It rained all day. After the first 3 stops, the "check brake pads" and (O) warning light went off and remained off! Did water get into the sensor and confuse it? Is this common? I suspect tomorrow it will be back on (if it doesn't rain ;).

Reply to
Duke Ionescu